The Micro Maxi Kick Scooter
One of the best gifts you can give a child for their birthday or for the holidays is a kick scooter. While there are many to choose from, few are like the Micro Maxi Kick Scooter. In a world that is technologically driven, children have never dealt with a more limited opportunity to take their play outside and enjoy the outdoors. This is why a fun outdoor toy like the Micro Maxi Kick Scooter to be so beneficial.
In today’s article, we are going to take an in depth look at what makes this scooter stand out from the rest of the competition. Additionally, we are going to go over the main features and benefits that the scooter has to offer. With that information in mind, you will then be able to make an informed decision as to whether or not this is the best product for your child.
This scooter is exceptionally designed for elementary school kids from 5 years of age or from 3 years with the macro maxi seat. The micro maxi is one of the most stable scooters for toddlers and kids on the market, owing from the fact that it has two steady front wheels coupled with one rear wheel.
As compared to other traditional scooters which have a single rotating front wheel which makes the toddler to loss stability and fall off the scooter as soon as he or she climbs on it.
With the micro maxi scooter, the wheels spin when the child props on one side, therefore enabling the child to quickly develop balance and motor skills. Actually, this is where the “lean to steer” design originated!
The Micro Maxi Kick Scooter is an all-round scooter due to its solid urethane wheels. It can be used all year round. It is used for both indoor and outdoor mobility. The scooter is fitted with non-marking wheels; hence will not leave black marks on the floor while your toddler is enjoying cruising indoors. The wheels are also uniquely designed to provide a smooth ride on almost all kinds of pavements and stability to the rider.
The other amazing feature of this scooter is that; all its parts are replaceable; hence the scooter can last like forever, serving all your kids! There are two steering wheels that you can choose from depending on the ability of your child; the joystick or the traditional T-bar.
The joystick involves curving and carving techniques. T-bar on the other hand is suitable for kids who want to major on balancing. The good news is that, these handlebars are interchangeable and are available as accessories so that you can alternate to whichever steering mode you like. The scooter’s steering stick ranges from 24-36 inches, which can be adjusted depending on the height of the toddler.
Features of The Micro Maxi Kick Scooter
- Age: the scooter is recommended for children whose age is between 5-12 years. However, it all depends on the ability of your kid. I have a 4 year old son who cruising on the scooter just perfectly. There are even 14 years old kids who are still crazily in love with this type of scooter!
- Weight: the scooter is suitable for kids whose weights are between 18-50Kg. The item weight however is super light and weighs only 2.5Kg, hence can be easily transported by both parents and kids. It has a shipping weight 7.4 pounds.
- Size: the scooter measures 36.6 inches long, 9.5 inches wide and 22.5 inches tall.
- Handlebar: the scooter has padded, removable and adjustable handlebars. The handle bar can be raised from 68cm to 92cm.
- Manufacture: the Micro Maxi Kick Scooter is designed and constructed by the team of Micro Mobility Systems based in Switzerland. The scooter is manufactured with the highest standard of quality control. No wonder, this is the highest recommended scooter for children of age between 5-12 years of age.
- One of the stable scooters on the market due to the three wheels, they are fitted with; two front wheels and one rear wheel.
- Suitable for all year round use. Can be also be used both indoors and outdoors as they do not leave black spots on the floor.
- The scooter prides itself as being the highest quality, best recommended scooter for kids of age between 5-12 years.
- All parts of the scooter can be replaced making it an extra-long lasting scooter.
- Takes into account “lean to steer” technology, which helps in enhancing balance and coordination in children.
Questions and Answers
Q: What is the age range for the scooter?
A: The scooter is recommended for kids of age between 5-12 years. Personally, I have a daughter who is 4 years old and cruises perfectly well on this scooter. All in all, it depends on the child’s ability.
Q: Do the scooter needs assembly?
A: Yes, there is a little assembly required, but it is pretty simple and you will be done in just a few seconds. The scooter comes when fully assembled except the handle bars. The tools for fixing the handlebars are provided together with a manual to give you instruction.
Q: How do “lean to steer” work?
A: To operate this scooter, children simply lean to the right to curve right or lean to left when they want to curve to the left. Kids do learn this dexterity easily, quickly and intuitively, hence there is no need to worry.
The Micro Maxi Kick Scooter has a unique steering mechanism which is virtually the major reason why kids prefer this scooter. The “lean to steer” mechanism makes cruising fun and make kids feel as if they are surfing the pavement.
At first, your kid will stick to the straightforward riding, but once he masters the lean to steer technique, they will enjoy cruising even much more. Always ensure your kid is protected by making them put on helmet, knee pads and elbow pads.
If your child has already experienced the magic of the Micro Maxi Kick Scooter, then let us know below what their thoughts were on it. If you have someone in your life that is looking for a great toy for a young child, then don’t forget to share this article with them as well! Here’s to memorable moments made outdoors with great toys like the Micro Maxi Kick Scooter.