Best Stunt Scooter and Pro Scooter Reviews
Scootering is not only fun, nowadays it becomes an enjoyable sport as well. I created this Best Stunt Scooter post for those adventurous guys who introduced scooter as an extreme sport.
Table of Contents
- Best Stunt Scooter 2017 Compared
- Best Stunt Scooter or Pro Scooter - Reviews
- 1. Envy Series 7 Prodigy
- 2. Fuzion Z300 - Pro Scooter Complete
- 3. Fuzion Z250 Pro Scooter - Best Stunt Scooters for Kids
- 4. Vokul VK3 U-Bar - Best Pro Scooter
- 5. Vokul VK-LMT - Best Stunt Scooter For 12 Year Old
- 6. Royal Guard II - Best Beginner Pro Scooter
- 7. Vokul VK3 Y-Bar Pro Scooter - Cheap Stunt Scooter
- Best Pro Scooter Brands
- Vokul Scooter Review
- How to Choose the Best Stunt Scooter?
- What to Wear When Riding Stunt Scooters?
- Essential Maintenance for Your Stunt Scooter
- How to Do Tricks On a Pro Scooter?
- Pros and Cons of Pro Stunt Scooters
- Final Thoughts on the Best Trick Kick Scooters
"Serious pieces of stuff are involved here" - this is the most critical difference between other scooters and a pro scooter or stunt scooter.
This guide covers every aspect of choosing the best pro scooter alongside the
detailed stunt scooter reviews.
Best Stunt Scooter 2017 Compared
29 x 6 x 23 inches
26.8 x 22 x 33.9 Inches
4.25 x 20 x 25 Inches
20 x 5 x 26 Inches
32.2 x 4.4 x 25.4 Inches
26.77 x 30.71 x 4.25
5 x 21.05 x 27
4.25 x 20 x 25
20 x 5 x 26
32.2 x 4.4 x 25.4
Best Stunt Scooter or Pro Scooter - Reviews
After spending lots of time investigating trick scooters marketplace, we have got some of the best stunt scooters for you. We have tested some of them physically and found the 7 best scooters for you after surveying consumers in the market. So now let’s have a look at the Stunt Scooter reviews.
The Envy Series 7 Prodigy is a versatile scooter. This model is has a high-quality Prodigy Deck which has plenty of foot space. The oil slick design looks good with just about anything else. Your feet have about 19.5 by 4.75 inches of space on the scooter.
This scooter has Prodigy Bars with a chrome, black, and silver color. The handle bars have black and white hand grips. A new design makes the scooter faster, and you can slow down easily with the nylon brakes.
The Envy Series 7 Prodigy scooter weighs 8.8 pounds, and it’s about 34.6 inches tall. Adults and teens alike can enjoy the scooter, and it works for people of different heights.
You can buy the Envy Series 7 Prodigy scooter for $150 to $250. Amazon customers give the scooter an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
2. Fuzion Z300 - Pro Scooter Complete
The Fuzion Z300 Pro Scooter is an excellent choice for intermediate level riders as well as beginners. This scooter can grow with you as you become a better rider. The 110 millimeter alloy core wheels are similar to what you’d find on a professional’s scooter.
This scooter also has a nylon brake, a chisel one-piece fork, and a drift riser bar. All of those features give you a comfortable ride. The deck measures 19.5 by 4.5 inches, so your feet don’t have to feel cramped. Luckily, you don’t have to do much to set up the scooter, so you can get immediately get to riding.
The scooter is lightweight, but it can hold up to 220 pounds. Adults and kids older than eight can enjoy the scooter.
The Fuzion Z300 Pro Scooter costs $100 to $140. The average customer rating is 4.6 out of 5 stars.
3. Fuzion Z250 Pro Scooter - Best Stunt Scooters for Kids
Fuzion’s famous Z250 is a perfect scooter for beginner to transitional riders. The classic Z250 pro scooter has been completely redesigned to handle all problems whether on the skate park or in the street. The Z250 contains a brand new deck and neck design, 4 innovative colors and brand new graphics.
This Z250 uses the Fuzion’s Neck design and Dog Bone Deck which dispenses landing forces equally across the deck’s external surface. It comes with two different color Jet Black & Teal.
It contains aluminum cores lightning fast ABEC 9 bearings, 110mm Low Profile-cast PU wheels, and a bolt on rattle free and simple to adjust flex brake, which makes it one of the best stunt scooters in the market.
Fuzion Z250 Pro Scooter is only 7.8 lbs. (3.54 kg.). Max weight capacity for the scooter is 220 lbs. This scooter is only for the intermediate riders. The age range for riding this scooter is is 8 +.
4. Vokul VK3 U-Bar - Best Pro Scooter
If you are looking for the proper park scooter to fill your scooter needs, you can’t go past the spec and quality of the Vokul VK3 U-Bar Pro Stunt Scooter.
This model is designed for beginners, moderate users, and extreme riders. It is created of 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum with unbreakable heat indulgenced forged plates in the deck to present a lightweight but stronger and safer pro trick scooters.
The bottom of the deck has a particularly treated smooth surface, wonderful for grinding along skate parks. The handle bars are made of Medium Carbon Steel with a Triple Bolt Clamp to ensure
The wheels are finished of anti-abrasive, high rebounding High-Grade Urethane Wheel. The wheels are shock-absorbing which permits for a smooth, safe riding experience with extreme improvement in scooter riding stability and safety.
Vokul VK3 U-Bar Pro Stunt Scooter weighs 8.4 lbs. (3.5kg). Maximum weight limit of this scooter is 140 lbs. The age range for riding this scooter is 12 +.
5. Vokul VK-LMT - Best Stunt Scooter For 12 Year Old
The Vokul VK-LMT Stunt Pro Scooter is aimed at intermediate and expert riders. Maximum rider weight is up to 220lbs and the wheels are built with 9 bearings, Thus you can go with it for the quickest ride.
It has a Y-Bar designed handle bar and is made of 6061 Aviation rating Aluminum Alloy. The scooter deck is constructed of T6 heat-treated copied plates making it lightweight, unbreakable and adds power and constancy to the deck.
The base of the deck has a specially treated level surface. It also contains a hidden FSA Orbit C Headset through a Triple Bolt Clamp to ensure
constancy and safety. The hub and spoke are CNC cast Aluminum Alloy to add power.
Vokul VK-LMT Stunt Pro Scooter age range of this excellent stunt scooter is 12+.
6. Royal Guard II - Best Beginner Pro Scooter
This Royal Guard II freestyle scooter has everything you require to stuff your bag full of innovative tricks and skate out on the street or in the park. It's one of the best trick scooters I've ever experienced. Royal Guard II Freestyle Stunt Scooter is for advanced riders. This scooter comes in black or blue color.
Royal Guard II freestyle scooter deck and handlebars are made of aluminum making it light yet durable for tricks and stunts. The scooter is also equipped with ribbed grips making it suitable for children riders.
It is prepared with innovative heat treatment machinery in order to decrease heat while riding. What extra interesting feature is that it is quick and accurate chrome steel which makes the scooter snappy, so it is extremely suitable for quick riders.
This scooter weighs around 7.9 lbs
and has a maximum weight limit of 210 lbs. The Royal Guard II Freestyle Stunt Scooter age range is 12+.
7. Vokul VK3 Y-Bar Pro Scooter - Cheap Stunt Scooter
Vokul VK3 Y-Bar Pro Stunt Scooter is constructed of
6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum with durable heat treated forged plates in this deck to present a trivial but more sturdy and protected. The base of the deck has a particularly treated smooth surface, ideal for grinding. This is one of the most lightest trick scooters on our list.
The back wheel is enclosed by a fender/spray guard made out of superb quality steel for the brake. It holds the ABEC-5 Chromes steering for a soft and trouble-free to maneuver turn controls.
The deck is T4 and heat-treated for additional strength, with a non-slip exterior to ensure the scooter riders will have
a solid hold on the feet. These grips create maximum shock absorption.
This scooter weighs around 8.4 lbs and the age range for the Vokul VK3 Y-Bar Pro Stunt Scooter is 13+.
Best Pro Scooter Brands
Professional trick scooters have different functionality and are made using different materials than other scooters such as kick scooters or electric scooters. Pro scooters are manufactured and assembled in the highest standard possible for best riding results. That's why all scooter brands are not the best when it comes to pro scooters.
Here are the 2 best pro scooter brands who have created some of the leading scooter models for stunt and tricks:
"It's All About The Ride" is the slogan of this California-based scooter brand. Undoubtedly, Fuzion is one of the leading stunt scooter brands in the market for years for some of their cool models. Fuzion Z300, X-3 pro scooter, and Z250 are most popular among the riders. Pro X-3 is an awesome scooter for younger riders and beginners. All models come with a perfect assembly guide, and it takes hardly ten minutes to rolling around!
Originated in China, This US-based brand becomes in the top for last several months. Vokul VK-LMT is one of the most popular pro scooter models. Some other popular designs are Vokul Freestyle Pro Stunt Scooter for Entry Level Scooter Rider, Vokul TRII S2 Pro Freestyle Stunt Scooter with 100mm Wheels etc.
Some other tricks and stunts scooter brands include AUTON, Madd Gear, Lucky, and Pulse Performance Products are also producing some high quality pro scooters in the market.
Vokul Scooter Review
Nowadays, At present Vokul is one of the most popular stunt scooter brands. We already reviewed some of their best models in our previous section. Here is the compact list for you:
1. Vokul VK-LMT Freestyle Pro Scooter
This scooter is specially designed for intermediate or advanced level riders. It has Triple Bolt Clamp with C Headset for better durability and stability. This 12.9 grade bolts protect the scooter from slipping, it's a good feature of this model for sure.
2. Vokul Entry Level Freestyle Pro Stunt Scooter
Another great Vokul scooter specially made for entry-level stunt rider. It has a weight capacity of 140lbs and runs on 100mm wheels. The wheels are made of Shock-Absorbing, Anti-Abrasive, High Rebounding PU for maximum smooth performance. Perfect for beginners!
3. Vokul VK3 TRII S2 Pro Freestyle Stunt Scooter
Another best choice stunt scooter for beginners. Using 6061 Aircraft Grade Aluminum with Reinforced Heat Treated Forged Plates in the Deck, which makes this scooter more durable and stable than any other normal pro scooter in the market.
4. Vokul TRII S1 Series - VK3 U Bar
This previously known VK3 model is now re-introduced as TRII S1 is another great beginner pro scooter in the market by Vokul. It has medium carbon steel handle bar and tightens triple clamp, which ensure its safety and durability.
How to Choose the Best Stunt Scooter?
If you are looking for the best stunt scooter to do technical tricks, there are some important factors you need to consider before buying. There are 7 chief components that make up the perfect stunt scooter, all of which will contribute to the general look, feel, and durability of your scooter.
Decks are regularly around 50 cm long and 10cm in size, and most stunt scooters are designed for kids from 8+. Younger children may have an advantage from a bit more solid size deck as it is easier to control with a smaller height and smaller feet.
When choosing the best pro stunt scooters, check to see if the deck will fit the intended user. The height and feet size should be right for maximum comfort and usage.
The handle bars should be waist height as the right height provides better control. Sometimes it is hard to know the handlebar height unless you are able to check it out in person. Getting a feel of the handlebar height and width is helpful in identifying if it will fit the intended user. If you can try the scooter to check for control, do it.
You will need a scooter with denser wheels for good grip and balance. You will see the hardness of wheels through a durometer. With scooter wheels generally you habitually obtain durometers range from 74A to 88A.
Stunt scooters usually have wheels around the 74A to 80A indicate. They are a little bit stronger than wheels of other scooters.
Grip tape is used for safety and security. It helps to ensure that the riders feet do not slip while riding the scooter.
Most stunt and custom pro scooters weigh between 7.7 and 13 lbs. Lighter scooters are easier to flip, play and use but cost more compared to the heavier scooters. Maintenance for both light and heavy scooters is the same.
There are two types of scooter braking systems:
- Spring brake type - more suitable for kid riders
- Flex brake type - more suitable for intermediate and pro riders
There are 3 types of the compression methods -
They all have their advantages and disadvantages, but if you are buying a scooter with a threadless headset, you will need a compression system.
Remember, these scooters are not perfect for kids. For kids, you may check this guide: best kids and toddler scooters.
What to Wear When Riding Stunt Scooters?
Riding stunt scooters can be interesting. But it is far too dangerous without proper safety. Here is a number of tips and advice detailing what to wear when riding the best stunt scooters to ensure protection, good looks, and a comfy ride:
- Hoodies - Sleeved hoodies are perfect to wear when on the skate park offering you the skater look, being comfortable and giving you a number of protections when you fall.
- Shorts - If you do not love wearing jeans or if the conditions are too warm to ride the scooters in them, then shorts might be your only choice.
- Shoes - Selecting appropriate shoes for stunt scooters is important so make sure wear the proper shoes when you ride. Skate shoes that offers grip stability and comfort is the right way to go.
- Jeans - When it is not too warm, jeans are the best wear. Your jeans should be comfortable and loose enough for a comfortable ride and do tricks with. Plus jeans are durable enough providing a layer of protection if you slip or fall.
- T-shirts - This is a no brainer. A comfortable t-shirt is one of the best things to wear while riding your stunt scooter, especially during summer. There are a number of great shirts from skate brands that will provide you the skater look and astonish your friends.
- Safety Gear - Last but absolutely not least you don’t want to forget to wear a mixture of protective gear when riding scooters, for example, a hard helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and shin pads. Some may think that wearing protective gear is dorky, but you should always ride smart and safely. Many professional stunt riders wear such safety gear.
Essential Maintenance for Your Stunt Scooter
Proper and regular scooter maintenance is necessary because it will ensure that your scooter will perform in tip-top shape and without any issues. You can also have your scooters professionally assembled and checked by a reputable and trusted scooter shop to make sure that everything is in place. It’s also wise to check and clean your scooter after every use to prevent dust and gunk build up. Since these scooters are not electric scooters, maintenance is more straightforward.
Before and after every ride you should be regularly checking for any scratches to your scooter. The 2 essential parts
that you should test before each riding session are your bearings and your wheels.
- Check the bearing if there’s any damage on the ball or needle bearings. Check if they need to be re-greased. Any unnecessary movement on the headset may mean the headset bearing may be loose or damaged. This goes the same with the wheel bearing. If there’s a grinding feel whenever you ride, check the wheel bearings. You also need to inspect all the bolts if it's fastened right before and after every ride.
- It is also suggested that you regularly check the front and back forks, the footplate, the handlebars and the handlebar grips, the fast release system, and the brakes.
- If you discern your Stunt Scooter becomes unsteady, make sure you inspect your wheel axles, clamps, brakes or firmness and tighten as essential using Allen keys.
If you use your best stunt scooter frequently and you truly like to push it to the limits below are the things you need to check / replace for the annual scooter maintenance.
- You might need to replace your wheel bearings, handlebar, and handlebar grips if they are worn out or damaged.
- Make sure that the rapid release mechanism is operating properly and apply lubricant to areas recommended by the scooter company. These tips are necessary for your own safety and the better you take care of the scooter, the better it will execute.
- Lastly, wash your stunt scooter regularly to prevent any gunk build up and a clean scooter always looks good right?
How to Do Tricks On a Pro Scooter?
Now here I will provide you some good tricks for your pro scooter. It is not possible to learn only by reading all these Tricks. Just watch all these on the YouTube video tutorial and try to practice. What are some basic scooter tricks you need to learn?
- Ollie - The ollie is required to do numerous big air tricks with the aid of a ramp or two. Place your feet resolutely on the deck, then drag the handlebars up followed by your feet and get your feet up to your chest and land easily.
- Bunny hop - Place your strongest foot on the break, and your other one in front of it raise the handlebars and jump up and down like riding a pogo stick. Practice on doing on a flat surface a few times until you get the hang of it until it becomes natural.
- Manual - The manual or the wheelie is done by standing and putting your weight at the back of the deck. Raise the front wheel up by boosting the handlebar while holding the front wheel in the air.
- 180 - The 180 is helpful on quarter pipes. It is a cool looking method of turning without actually moving the handlebars. You need to be good doing the Ollie before performing this trick. If you’ve already mastered the ollie, do a high ollie and swing your body and scooter to 180 degrees. This one will take some time to master, but once you’ve done it, it will be easier to learn all the other tricks.
- 360 - Just like the 180 but it’s a full rotation thus its called a 360. This will take lots of practice than the Ollie and a bit dangerous too. You need to achieve the right speed and jump height in performing this stunt with your scooter.
- Nollie - A Nollie is just like an ollie but it requires extra skill. When you jump and push the handles down so that the back wheel comes higher than the front. After a number of practicing try to get an extra vertical angle, this will look so cool!
- Tail Whip - It is the hardest move so far, ollie high off a ramp kicker, whilst in the middle of the jump, kick the deck so that it goes around once, now land on it and everything be chill.
- No Footer - Jump off a high place or a ramp and extend your legs as far as they go, similar to an upside-down V, then land.
- Xup - When in the air, grab the handles strongly and try to spin your arms 180 degrees, just making an X shape.
- Sex Change - This is a pretty fundamental move, nothing big. Just ollie and whilst in the air transform the direction of your feet, so easy.
Pros and Cons of Pro Stunt Scooters
Best Stunt Scooter contains both pros and cons. Stunt scooting can be interesting than biking. Stunt scooting can be also dangerous for some situations. Now let’s have a look at the pros and cons of the Pro Stunt Scooters.
- Much faster than walking - Pro Stunt Scooters are approximately 3x as quick as walking. You can pedal a Stunt Scooters at an easy pace going 9mph, compared to the standard walking speed of 2.5–3mph.
- Smaller than a Bicycle - In urban locations with public transport, a Pro Stunt Scooters is much easier to bring onto and off of taxis, buses, trains. They are also more quick at low speeds judge against a bike, so navigating around pedestrians is quite fairly easier.
- Portable - Because of the smaller dimensions than a bicycle, you can simply bring a Pro Stunt Scooter into a casual restaurant or cafe. Maximum Pro Stunt Scooters also fold to get it out of the way of other people.
- Lower - This is not a bad thing since scooters have lesser value than other vehicles say, a bicycle, for example, the chance of theft is lower. Bike thieves normally would not bother trying to steal a stunt scooter anyway.
- Lighter - On average, a standard Stunt Scooter is 7.7–13 lbs on the other hand 15–30 lbs for a bicycle.
- Much easier and safer to use than a skateboard - Pro Stunt Scooters are more user-friendly and anyone can pick one up and instantly start using it. The handlebar makes it more easy to balance and the brakes to help you slow down.
Skateboarding is a much challenging activity that requires a lot of work to build up skills to find the way down hills and crowds. Skateboards have no handlebars and brakes to make it more user-friendly thus it will take a lot of talent and time to master.
- Much slower than a bicycle - Stunt scooters are slower than a bicycle. You will also tire more rapidly covering a given space on a Stunt scooter than a bicycle, so for anything above 2 miles, a bicycle would make a better alternative. Stunt scooters also use smaller wheels that are usually made from a hard plastic, so will have a much tougher time going over bumpy roads than a bicycle.
- Dork Factor - Some people think stunt scooting don’t offer much action and you may feel like a dork, but it doesn’t matter because it gets you from point A to point B faster than walking. And it’s more punk rock if you think of it.
- Hard for using in some cases - Most stunt scooter use is limited to flat and hard concrete surfaces. It can’t be used on gravel paths and cobblestone streets. If people traffic is too heavy, scootering is a no go.
So, choosing the best stunt scooter means having enough knowledge on its features and specifications, riding, maintenance and safety techniques. It’s not a matter of joke at all!
Final Thoughts on the Best Trick Kick Scooters
The best stunt scooter can be an excellent gift for an adventurous person, especially for teens. When buying a scooter, safety should be the first consideration. Proper maintenance is another important thing because it will lessen the chances of accidents or injuries.
So, now, choosing the best stunt scooter is not a big deal. At least, after reading this huge informative stunt scooter reviews you'll also agree with me.