Best Go Karts for Kids | Reviews | Rating and Buying Tips
A kid go kart is a special toy that a child loves to own. Best go karts for kids come in different sizes, different shapes, and are powered by different means. I believe that it is best to start a child out on the cheapest go kart that has pedals and uses kid power to propel it.
Then the child should graduate to an electric kids go kart that is battery powered and can reach a top speed of about twelve miles per hour. Finally the child will be old enough to get their first gasoline powered kids go karts to ride when they are go kart racing.
Top Go Karts for Kids in 2017 - Comparison Chart
3-8 and older
28.5 x 10.4 x 26.6
8 and older
28.27 x 11.5 x 40.98
8 and older
14.75 x 21.75 x 36.25
66.54 x 45.28 x 23.23
91.3 x 59.1 x 54.7
Table of Contents
Best Go Karts for Kids – Reviews and Expert Analysis
This pedal powered go kart is a prime example of a beginning go kart for kids. It is made from durable materials and designed so that a child can easily reach the handle bars and all of the pedals on it.
This go kart includes all of the basic features a child needs to learn to be familiar with. Braking and steering are two of the main concerns when a child begins to ride. You want them to be able to steer properly before you put them in an electric go kart for kids that is going to go faster. You also want them to be familiar with stopping the vehicle they are riding.
This off road go kart for kids will help them to learn to balance their weight and maneuver their go kart over all types of terrain.
Razor Ground Force Electric Go Kart
The electric powered go cart for kids will allow them to begin to enter go karting for kids circles with other children in the neighborhood. This go kart for kids is powered by two twelve volt batteries so it has plenty of power to propel your youngster around your home, but it does not go so fast that it will be likely to cause them any serious injuries.
This machine has all of the safety features that you want including a seat belt and a bucket seat for good support. It has the acceleration button on the handlebars and the brake pedal is also located on the handle bars so the child can easily stop the machine.
Kids prefer to ride their go carts for kids with other children. Playing is more fun when you can play with someone else so this Razor dune buggy is a great choice as best go karts for kids. It has two seats so your child and their best friend can ride into the adventures that the world of kids go karting has in store for them.
This dune buggy has safety restraints to help protect the riders and it has a roll bar to make it look more realistic and to add extra protection in case there ever is an accident.
This machine will reach speeds as great as twelve miles per hour, but will go slower when it has two passengers in it.
Tao Tao ATK – 125A 125cc Yellow Gas 4 Stroke Semi – Auto Buggy Go Kart
This two seat kids go kart is loaded down with features. It is a perfect selection for a child who is graduating up from a battery powered kids go kart to a gasoline engine go carts for kids.
This machine is fully automatic and easy for a child to operate. It is safety enhanced with a roll bar, flood lights on the roll bar, and headlights mounted on the grill. It has padded bucket seats and harness restraints like you see in race cars.
The independent double wishbone suspension makes this machine easy to steer and comfortable to ride in. You will also like the fact that this is a low maintenance item.
Kandi 150cc 2-seat Kart (KD-150GKC-2)
When you buy go carts for kids you want to get them something that will be long lasting, reliable, fun, and safe. You want to buy something from a manufacturer that you trust to build things that are high quality. You are in luck because this kids go kart is manufactured by Honda. Honda has been in business for many years and they have developed a name that people can trust and depend on.
This go kart has hydraulic disc brakes that you can rely on to stop the vehicle safely. It also has rear wheel drive so the rider has more precise control over the motions of the machine.
It is the perfect first gasoline powered go kart for kids who have just outgrown their electric versions.
When you see go karts for sale you usually find items that can support a weight limit of about two hundred pounds. When you buy the Trail Master XRX kids go kart you will purchase an item that can support up to five hundred pounds of weight. This means that children and adults alike can ride this go kart for kids.
This is the perfect kids go kart because your child can ride it indefinitely. The weight limit is high enough that they will not have to stop riding it as they age.
The device is equipped with all of the standard safety features that you would desire, and it is created from durable materials that make it a smart investment.
How to Buy Go Karts for Kids [ Step by Step Guideline ]
When you see kids go karts for sale you might start to consider whether one of these items would be a good investment for your family. There are a few things to consider before you choose a kids go kart.
The Age of the Child
The age and abilities of the child that will be riding the go kart for kids will determine what type of apparatus you should buy.
- Children under the ages of eight should be given kids go karts that are pedal powered, or that are powered by one twelve volt battery, or by a six volt battery. These devices will travel at slower speeds and the child will be less likely to be injured while riding them.
- Children from eight to eleven years of age could have a lot of fun riding on battery powered kids go karts that are powered by two twelve volt batteries. These devices will reach speeds of about twelve miles per hour. They steer and break like the traditional gasoline powered go karts for kids so the child will gain valuable riding experience.
- Children over the age of eleven will more than likely be too large for the battery powered go karts for kids and will need a gasoline powered machine to ride. The motors on these items come in different sizes so they will have different top speeds. You will also find that these items are capable of handling different weights. Most of them will only support a rider that weighs less than two hundred pounds so look carefully if you want a heavier person to be able to ride, or more than one person to ride at the same time.
The Features on the Go Kart
You will want to consider what type of riding your child will be doing, and what features the kids go kart has. You want to pair the right child with the right machine.
- Knobby tires are best for rough or uneven ground. Children who ride on dirt or grass will benefit from knobby tires.
- Slick tires are essential for drifting. Hard plastic slick tires can help a child make their kids go kart drift around street corners.
- Pneumatic tires provide a smoother ride so they are best if the child will ride on rough ground
- Disc brakes are sealed where dust does not easily get to the working components so they are best if the child rides on dusty paths.
- Aluminum wheels or cast aluminum wheels are a great choice if the child will ride through water, mud, or possible grass that is wet. Cast aluminum does not rust.
- Hand brakes help a child to slow the kids go kart when they are going around corners.
- Roll bars help to protect the child from the weight of the go kart if the machine were to be turned over
- Shoulder harnesses protect the child from being thrown from the kids go karts. Kids can be thrown from their vehicle if they are going very fast and hit a bump and they can be thrown if they have an accident and run into something.
Ask any parent what they worry about most when they think of best go karts for kids and they will unanimously tell you that they worry about the safety of their child. This is understandable, and most accidents are preventable if your child is prepared, and the kids go kart they have has the proper safety features installed.
- Helmets are the number one safety feature that you can provide for your child when they are riding go karts for kids. Helmets should be furnished from the time the child begins to ride pedal powered devices and the child should be instructed to never ride without their helmet. Make sure the helmet fits your child snugly so that it provides maximum protection.
- Flags are important safety feature on kid go carts because these devices are often low to the ground where people in vehicles do not easily see them. The flags stick up high enough that people driving cars can see the kids go karts.
- Seat belts are crucial on any go karts for kids that travel faster than a child can pedal. Safety harnesses should be the type that comes over the shoulder of the child and not just a strap that crosses their laps.
Safety Tips to Teach your Child
- Teach them to put their helmet on before they ride
- Teach them to wear their safety belt
- Teach them to never ride without telling an adult where they will be
- Teach them to never stop their kids go kart behind a vehicle
- Teach them to never go out into the street on their machine
The main focus of this article is to help you choose the best go karts for kids. I want each child to be able to have a riding toy that they can operate safely. That they can be confident when they ride and will last a long time.
Each parent who buys kids go karts should feel confident after this article that they have made a sound choice. I want them to give their children something they feel good about and that they trust their child to play on.
You should go with the that kids go kart which is best suited for your needs and your budget. I love these toys and I want to share that love with the world.
Feedback? Rate us: